Thursday, May 17, 2007

Speak Finnish in Three Minutes

A person could read this list in Finnish in less than three minutes; but "Speak Finnish in Three Minutes!" is another of the Finns elaborate jokes, in the Helsingin Sanomat International. I would love to learn Finnish in three years, if I could.

I have seen this before, but this morning I got it from Dave in Soumi, a research meteorologist in Finland. He writes an interesting blog about his adventures in Finland. I am going to check out all of his links in time.

So we swim. It is good for the soul and probably good for everything that ails me. I am no athlete, I can't even walk a straight line, ever. "Look where you are going," He Who Must Be Obeyed tells me.

2 comments:

Cordelia said...

Willo: I followed your link to Dave in Suomi, and have really enjoyed reading his blog. I have no Finnish ethnicity, just some interest in Finland, and I have found that a site created by people at the University of Helsinki as part of their "Finnish for Foreigners" program is a really, really, good one if you want to make your way in Finish. Here's the link:
http://donnerwetter.kielikeskus.helsinki.fi/FinnishForForeigners/parts-index.htm

Willo said...

Cordelia,
Thank you for the link to the Finnish language. This is great fun for me as the sounds are so familiar. Willo