Saturday, October 10, 2009

Half Sight/-Half Right

The days have been dominated by appointments before and after cataract surgery.  I had no idea that I have been viewing the world through yellowing lenses.  I kiddingly joked to our eldest son that my days of yellow snow are over.  Sure enough, through the right eye the snow is how my mind imagined it, white and beautiful.  Through the left...yellow snow; this morning we awoke to our first snowfall.

This experienced phenomon accented the fact that people do not see things the same way.  I do not refer to yellow snow but the world in general.  I see it one way and the majority of the world, even my own family sees it differently. But I have cleared up, so to speak, of one of my misconceptions; that being that what is before our eyes is not necessarily true.

No comments: