Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Wish List of Bloggers

When I get into my cosmic loneliness I search the blog lists to find a writer that resonates. Then I wish this blogging business had been around for those ancestors who are no longer here but knew so much more than I do. Why didn't we keep every letter from everyone of them forever. Then I could dig them out and have a little cosmic connection with some of the people that meant the most to me, but I didn't know that until too late. Even their handwriting would be a comfort.

As it is, I have a cousin in Kalispell who would be a wonderful blogger; a classmate in Conneticut who has insight that should be shared; a former pastor who spent years in the church all four of my grandparents helped to build; Kurt Vonnegut I would read every day; my dear, now gone professor, Harry Duncan; one old friend, now gone; my cousin, Paul, who was the best history professor ever; my husband's mother who I never met. I feel people deprived today.

INFP's have a hard time using the phone, the cellular connect of this time and age. Getting an answering machine still makes me gasp. I need somebody to talk politics, religion, literature, pop culture, and everything under the sun with. Live, in person, is the best. Reading blogs, in which I can comment upon is a close second.

Blogs are in the news. There are lots of political ones out there. Lots of mindless babble, groaning women, improper men, the religious who go left, mentally unbalanced, you name it it is out there. I read a lot of lists of blogs. A good one is very hard to find, very hard.

I have not figured out how to add a list of good bloggers. I will do that.

No comments: