Sunday, November 08, 2009

The Creation of Adam


 Coming home from church last night, I noticed above our driveway that the branch tips from our neighbor's elm and our front yard maple just touched.  Above that was a bright lovely planet.  In the dark before me was my own Sistine Chapel.

Little by little as the autumn days go by, I clean drawers, dish cabinets, and little places of my closet.  If I get a bit discouraged by life or circumstance, I open a door or a drawer and admire my efforts.  All the blue Fostoria glasses are clean and on clean shelf liner, a bit of sparkling beauty to feast my eyes on.  I find pleasure in the smallest, most insignificant things.

We have an in-house garage sale enthusiast.  He found a very clean, and as we discovered this morning, a good working electric meat grinder.  Up to now we have had one of the 1950ish pot metal jobs in its original box.  We no longer have to wonder if our hamburger is tainted with ecoli.  Chuck roasts went on sale and we now have 9 one pound packages of freshly ground hamburger in the freezer.

2 comments:

Hildred said...

Willo - I'm with you on cleaning the little things and getting great satisfaction from seeing them all neat and tidy. What a nice easy way to get an uplift and inspiration to do more!

Willo said...

It gives me joy to discover things in common with others. I will think of you when I look into my cabinet; both of us getting such satisfaction from life's small pleasures.