Monday, March 07, 2005

Dirty Underwear

Don't you think the feel of nice cotton underwear, preferrably white, is right up there with the image of the Marlboro cowboy? I am getting my mind off of issues I can't do anything about and getting them on others that I can't do anything about.

So it is off with one and on with another. I am annoyed with the Omaha Oracle and his investment philosophy which borders on unAmericanism. Maybe I listen to too much night radio rant. Last week the Omaha World Herald had pages dedicated to the Berkshire Hathaway stockholder's meeting, which is the right up there with the College World Series, in local importance.

It seems Charley Munger is Warren's underwear genius. I looked up Fruit of the Loom this morning on the Net and found out that the manufacturing for Europe which had been in Ireland has all been sent to Morroco. Sweet isn't it, for a financial genius who thinks the lack of jobs is one of the main problem in the US, profits from sending jobs out of Ireland.

The Fruit of the Loom web site for North America is not quite so up-front about where these white softies are made for our market. It scared me to read the Legal Disclaimer at the bottom of their web page. It looked like I might be have to face what Martha Stewart is going through for just reading it.

It isn't really white cotton underwear that I am annoyed about. It is the fact that our local liberal billionaire has done everything in his power to discredit the dollar and bet on its continued demise for his own profit. Will John Kerry benefit as well, or the Oracle's sweetie, Senator Clinton? We can be pretty sure of that.

When it happens, perhaps even my puny mutual fund will benefit and I will be singing different words to the same old tune, "Money, Money, Money."

No comments: