Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hiatus

Being away from my friends and readers hasn't been by choice. My sweet little heart slowed down and quit beating long enough Friday morning to land me on the floor. He Who...bundled me up in my bathrobe and drove me to our hospital five minutes away. "We have a "Red" here," I heard shouting down the ER hall. I was very soon on an external pacer. "We are going to give you a little 'something' and use the paddles on you." Twice. Nothing. 95% of the time it works. Just like an INFP..I have to be that 5% anti-average.

The little machine zapped me over and over for almost six hours until the permanent one was put in place in surgery.

No more of the whirling dervishes for me. I will now enjoy working on Aunt Liz's biography without having to hang on to the computer table just to stay on my chair. That didn't keep me from hitting the floor Friday morning.

An Aside: there have been so many hits here on the poem by ee cummings regarding my entry of his "In Just." I approved a comment today by someone pointing out my ignorance in poetry analysis. Naivety might be my middle name. I am guessing that the universities are assigning this poem to students as the hits are increased at the beginnings of semesters. Apparently this is an evil and perverse poem, lilting on the tongue as it is. But isn't that the way of persons that prey on children...or the elderly.

2 comments:

Hildred said...

Willo, we are so sorry to hear of the trouble with your heart and hope that your pacemaker will keep you on an even keel.

Take care....

Willo said...

Hildred and Charles,
My little heart pacer is doing a great job. My old zest is back, my feet are warm, and I mowed the lawn a week and a day after I got it...and cut five minutes off of my usual time! I could probably write advertising for the folks who market it.