Thursday, December 03, 2009

Iowa PBS

Some days start out with a bump or two; and then the road is total washboard.  Driving on a washboard road is dangerous and rattles one teeth.  Living a washboard day is close to the same.

But then...amazing things can happen in the blink of an eye, or just staying with a thing till something good happens.  HWMBO came home from the Asian taylor's with a 40 foot coaxial cable to hook me directly to the internet.  My wireless system dug its feet in and would not, could not be coaxed into use.

It all started with a phone call to Cox, our service provider to get our main house computer online and when the phone was handed over to me I changed the topic, as a person sometimes does, and spoke about our cable television.  That led to a call to Manilla, Phillipines, with a young man who led me patiently through the television settings to find that I have 21 cable channels that are decoded by the Sony television set.

The lovely young Cox representative called back and was just as excited as I was;  she gave me all the channel numbers that I can get...just because.  Just because that is the way the world works.  But it took the visit to Manilla, and two phone calls to Cox.  And there it is all before me...hanging on the wall.  All I wanted was Iowa PBS.

I got so much more.  He is getting his pants hemmed by his favorite ladies. No they do not sell cables!

No comments: