Monday, December 14, 2009

Kindle for PC

I have longed for a Kindle; even when I didn't really know if I would like it.  When Amazon offered the Kindle for PC without charge I was pleased and delighted.  Now I have one "free" book which I just downloaded. 

Today is Horace's birthday 65 B.C.E.).   "His father was a former slave, but by the time Horace came along, he was well-off and had a lot of money to spend on his talented son. He sent him to Rome as a boy, and then to Athens to learn philosophy and literature. What is not to like about Horace?  Or Free!

2 comments:

Hildred said...

Oh my, I am simply green with envy about your Kindle!

And I also admire your Finnish Ice Lantern!

Willo said...

I believe the Kindle for PC is available for anyone. I must look in my old email to see if the link to it is still lingering there.

The ice lanterns are great fun. As the temps this morning were 3'F I am quite certain that the next two buckets of ice are ready to prepare for candles. I read somewhere that the smaller plastic icecream buckets work well and wouldn't be so heavy to handle.

Thanks for the comments.