Monday, December 27, 2004

Having One Wonderful Day After Another!

When a person is having such a good time there is no time for blogging.

He Who Must Be Obeyed and I have cooked since Christmas Eve Afternoon and because 'having company' is my very favorite thing, it has been good. Good food, good company, good experiences all around.

I have spent a good deal of time at church between company meals, even on Christmas Day, my altar guild partner and I spent a quiet, holy hour and a half preparing the sacristy for Sunday services.

This morning I read 'the salty vicar's' Christmas sermon. Having read his SALT over the years, I have learned a lot and respect his priestly experiences. I call them priestly because sometimes he appears to be a wild child. I hope he never quits blogging.

My own pastor started his Christmas Eve service with stopping the craziness of the holidays by breathing..in...and out...a couple of times. If you have read me very long you know how that got to me. Taking time to breathe is a good thing. And when he opened a ladder, I knew exactly where he was going. No, not up the ladder to God. God came down to us at Christmas.

And the good stuff goes on. I am cooking for a beloved son today who is helping his dad with the war wagon. I should take a pictue of it as I hope never, ever to have to see it again as it is being sold. If it doesn't sell the Salvation Army gets it. Do I have to show you how a war wagon and an an army of any type go together?

No comments: