Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Unguents and Potions

Saturday the Black Hills Wopila and Defenders are getting together for a picnic and to pray for the Black Hills. I doubt that we mainliners would even think to do such a thing. I honor the endeavor. I discovered a new, to me, web site called "Defenders of the Black Hills." In it was some information on the abandoned Cave Hills uranium mines. The photo is a new sight to me; they say the photo was taken of the sacred circle at Cave Hills on April 2, 2005.

Now we all know why I don't, as our educators might say, "stay on task." It is amazing how many curious and interesting little things save me from the tedium of cleaning closets or editing publications. I heard a word the other day that is appropriate to my life, it was 'closet chaos.' I suspect there is a little of that going on in my right brain most days and it always spills over into the closet. To tell the truth, I am learning to enjoy a little chaos, it keeps one a bit edgy, and on your toes, never knowing just what is coming at you next.

Nice thing yesterday: He Who Must Be Obeyed bought me a wonderful gift of Obsession unguents, potions, and perfumes. All I did was show him how nearly out of the one time Christmas gift I am. Well he fixed that immediately. It is hard to even picture him at a perfume counter. No birthday, no anniversary, no Christmas...Just because!

No comments: