Friday, January 27, 2006

Hokshila Waste


He Who Must Be Obeyed is working on his ancestral Norwegian Cowboy history again. Over the past few months he has corresponded with a man who has the most beautiful Palmer Method Penmanship I have seen since my own father's. Carl's hand is larger and looser than my dad's. Just looking at it I would think he was an open friendly guy with a heart for people and his surroundings.

He writes a beautiful letter. Not only is it lovely to look at but it is full of information and knowledge. I Googled him and sure enough he is on the Web. He is from Sitting Bull's tribe. My family and I lived on the reservation that he was born on, the Standing Rock at Fort Yates, ND, for three months many years ago when the children were small and two of them attended the Government Indian School there.

Today we ordered a book that his grandmother wrote called "With My Own Eyes: A Lakota Woman Tells Her People's History." I can hardly wait to read it. I just have to think he lives up to his Lakota name, "Good Boy."

No comments: