Friday, May 12, 2006

Bedtime Stories

I don't really have trouble sleeping at night and during the past two months find myself falling asleep during the day. I don't know what to make of that.

AA battery businesses depend on people like me who keep their ancient Sony Walkman powered up in the middle of the night...I don't bother my room mate with the head set; but you are correct in thinking he finds it isolating. It is. But it makes for diverse (mis)information and great bedtime stories, classical music as well, and even a local NBC affiliate TV station with those infernal advertisments. I find the Catholics more to my liking than the other choice. Some nights it is all annoying.

Last night it was an old rerun of John Lear on "Coast to Coast."

"Publicized space missions such as the Shuttle are actually a cover-up for what is really going on, added Lear. Also kept from the public, is the fact that there is life similar to ours on most of the planets in our solar system, he declared. For instance, Mars has a population of 660 million (mostly underground) and Venus is actually "green and beautiful." Further, the sky is blue on both Mars and our Moon, Lear said."

When I was a kid I enjoyed the likes of Hansel and Gretel, a fairy tale, no matter how fantastic, is simply to entertain and be enjoyed. Even the gory stuff and there was plenty of that in Hans Christian Anderson. John Lear had a theory about missing people, God, our souls, and animal mutilation. It was on par with pitching a witch into the oven.

A person has to be a lunatic to even listen to that stuff; or else you love a good bedtime story.

No comments: