Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Eve in Omaha 2007


Don't you love winter scenes! Snow and ice capture one's imagination. Unless of course you have to work outside. I found last year's Christmas Eve photo. I am going to be happy with it. But we could be a little more cheerful than we are.

Our childish dependent 28 year old disregarded all of my darling's advice and expectant requests of the past many warm weeks, so last night and today in zero weather he drove halfway downtown to check the antifreeze in her car. With cold fingers he dropped the cap from the reservoir, couldn't find it and is there again today in a -20' windchill to get the car towed to a garage to have that fixed among other things.

A wise pastor that I read daily wrote in his meditations that only when a child gets their own car and place to live and pays for both can she be considered an adult. So HWMBO pays for it in many ways. I was written out of the picture when she was 15 as was my philosophy of raising children to be responsible and respectable adults. It is easy for me to sidestep the parenting guilt; but being spat at, cursed, with hateful words, are harder to duck than a size 10 Iraqi shoe.

No comments: