Saturday, December 20, 2008

If You Want to Feel at Home, Stay at Home

We are about as traditional as we can get. We are baking Finnish Cardamom Braids and freezing Ice Candles. It is supposed to get below zero tonight and I am counting on two more buckets of ice. A son told me that instead of candles in them, he used those little solar lights and they work well. I suppose sometime in the morning hours as the batteries are about dead they even flicker.

We are expecting a son, daughter-in-law, and their daughter who is a young woman already; they will be here for an early lunch, which is actually a main meal. He Who.... went out and came home with a standing rib roast. That is a first time and it is a pricey piece of beef to practice on.

This year Omaha will have snow for Christmas. Maybe even a blizzard tomorrow, who knows? That is an exciting prospect now that we are retired and still have the sense not to lock ourselves out of the house without our coats, or wander off and not find our way home. I think that someone can make a fortune when they put GPS with voice directions into those nifty little hearing aids that they sell these days.

Yes, after nearly a year, I still love my little hearing instrument. I found out that when I lock down the battery and if I get it in my ear fast enough it plays a little tune for me. Nano technology is really wonderful. I think I can get a little MP3 device to play music through it. I am serious, the nice lady told me it is available.

No comments: