Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Blowing Hot Air

Being a dizzy blonde as teenager isn't all that unusual, hence all the dumb blonde jokes. I keep meclizine on hand at all times because I am now deaf and dizzy. Yesterday I had my head examined which included a hearing test, a physical exam of my head and a CT scan of my head bones. Next week I will have a two hour auditory nerve and balance test.

The nurse told He Who Must Be Obeyed that I would be put on a moving platform and they would blow hot and cold air into my ears. I told him that should be easy; Harding County cowboys used to blow hot air in my ears over 50 years ago and it never affected my balance then.

I was told that a person could lose hearing in one ear from a transient ischemic attack (TIA) which is a "mini-stroke" caused by a temporary deficiency of blood supply to the brain.) The first one I had caused a temporary loss of vision in both eyes. She said you have a deviated septum. Who cares!

No comments: