Monday, February 04, 2008

Reading My Writers

Here I am in the middle of the night in Omaha. It has been a while since I have read the writers I have linked to the right of this column.

Simplicity Professor John Maeda writes elegantly of great people taking care of their people. He also launched a theme on iGoogle that I have downloaded. To quote his explanation in part: It "is based upon a series of strokes I drew by hand and a simple algorithmic manipulation thereof." The fact that it changes every four hours along with the explanation are anything but simple.

He also writes about how important it is to be creative. "Creativity is courage. The world needs more fearless people that can influence all disciplines to challenge their very existence. Creativity is reflection aimed not at yourself, but at the world around you." He doesn't say it, but I know its effectiveness for pain relief, as did Frida Kahlo.

Hildred of "daybyday" writes lovingly and beautifully of her beloved books, past and present.

I get an error when I click on RealLivePreacher. I don't know if it is permanent, if so I will have to take him down and find another of the many bloggers I have become acquainted with.

One almost startling event was seeing one of my blog entries from 2004 quoted in a Letter to the Editor in my home town newspaper, NATION'S CENTER NEWS. I am so new at seeing my name in print that it is jarring. I don't know quite what to make of it.

No comments: