Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Sight for Sore Eyes

This person, has roamed around Harding County, Nebraska, Wyoming, and the Black Hills photographing leps, he calls them. I call them butterflies and millers. On this very cold day, cold enough to call off all the area schools, it was nice to look at flowers, wild weeds, rocks and butterflies.

Have they named the baby? I don't know. Soon a person might take bets on either what or when. Just kidding, of course. Then there are those of us with way too much time on our hands for our own good. Tomorrow is a church lunch outing with some elder friends. Friday is the balance test and Monday I will know something...or not. Maybe my head if full of bone.

This is how long the winter has gotten. He Who Must Be Obeyed and I play solitaire on cable television. Me working the switcher and he trying to find the plays before I do. That is perhaps a half step up from the news that loops over and over. "At least we have to use our minds," he said. But not too much, methinks.

No comments: