Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Nation's Center News, Buffalo,SD

The Internet is a great thing to have in retirement.  I will never tire of researching every little thing that piques my curiosity.  Cruising around, I decided to Google my hometown newspaper, The Nation's Center News,  and did an image search.  I was startled to see my own photo.  I was a bit  taken aback when I clicked on my photo.  Anonymous, one is not.


A classmate retired in our hometown; he spent 20 years teaching in Saudi Arabia and was in the Peace Corps prior to that. Now he upholds the community with Lion's Club projects, prodded the locals to beautify the town for our centennial celebration, is active in our church, and writes a column for the hometown paper.  His column has been a source of information about topics from the Mid-East, old cowboys, to the town dogs of his childhood.  They were my town dogs as well.  Kids in small towns know the dogs as well as the people, probably better.


Last week his News and Views column was a review of my latest book:   "One of my favorite Christmas presents this year came to my mail box a few days before Christmas and was totally unexpected.  It was a book edited by my old friend Willo Sacrison Boe...about Willo's great aunt."  He did not miss a thing.   "I once read that no book of non-fiction is ever written without the comfort, moral support, and tangible aid of others.  Willo fully acknowledges this and that is why the title page says "Edited by Willo B. Boe."


Thanks for your kind review, Delbert.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You shared before this was not communication for family . . . that's okay. But don't feel bad when family doesn't reply, or doesn't even bother to look, when you state it is not for communication with family? Sometimes preserving your 'space' is a choice to be alone with it all. Lay a little risk out and see what happens, if you want to.

Willo said...

I wonder what prompted me to say such a thing? If family should drop by to read and/or comment it makes me happy.

The very point of blogging is a bit like fly fishing; if someone takes the bait and finds something I may have written relating to him/her, it makes my small world a bit warmer and my life a little more meaningful; I should add even if I do not know who a reader may be each one is appreciated.