Monday, March 27, 2006

Forever is a Long, Long Time

It does seem like forever since I have visited and written. For almost a year I have been living in the past. That is what writing history gets you. Life a hundred years ago wasn't exactly 'the good old days' some people talk about. I am certainly ready to put all of that behind me and get on with it.

The past weeks I have only caught little bits and pieces of news, short minutes of curious and intriguing BOOKTV authors talking about the God Meme and dangerous professors, seen the throngs of people resisting the Senate Hearings on immigration but not the hearing itself. Life as it is for me at the moment, I never get all of anything. A true half-wit. I felt the same way when I was in college with six kids in the house.

The book "Cave Hills Finns: They Had Sisu!" is done. After a flurry of mailings it has gone into a second printing. Second printings are good. I should have had a recall on the first one. It had so many errors, typos, and slip-slides that I am completely humiliated by it. The second one will be much cleaner. Not, perfect. No.

He Who Must BE Obeyed was gone eleven days recently doing what he calls "God's Work." I was home feeling giddily independent. Growing up an only child, I love to be alone. It was a win/win for everyone concerned and I can look forward to more of the same every three weeks. It is pure bliss.

No comments: