Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Turkey Eclipse

This is a awful/wonderful time in history. It is amazing what is possible. As you know I am a middle of the night AM radio listener on occasion. It was good to be wakeful tonight. I was directed to a site to watch a webcam live from Turkey waiting for the total eclipse. I suppose it will be rerun and you can see it all later also.

Actually I was awakened by David Icke's strange ranting on the Illuminati. Wikipedia doesn't paint a pretty picture of him. It was, however, very good to be pointed to the site in Turkey. Maybe I will quit eating Splenda if it scrambles my brain waves.

The last total eclips was in 2003. The announcers are explaining the phenomena in front of some ancient hunks of ornate cement from old buildings. Science guys par-excellance with a variety of telescopes, an H Alpha that shows the sun spots and the moon's shadow. The Corona camera projects a very beautiful image. It is getting very dark there. Coronal mass ejections live are dynamic in time lapse. It disturbes our earth in communications and now NASA is showing the aurora resulting from it.

To see the Earth's image from space with the beginning of the slice of black caused by the eclipse slicing Africa, going through Turkey, and ending in Russia somewhere is almost more than I can believe. Twenty-five percent of the sun is now covered. A huge crowd is watching this from a collesium. I am such a bumpkin that listening and watching this even live is almost more than my little brain can take in.

The Ghana guys have seen totality. And we will see it in Turkey in 20 minutes.

I am thankful that He Who Must Be Obeyed got the best computer he could afford a few years ago! And I am thankful to be alive today! Holy-Moly!

No comments: