Thursday, October 11, 2007

How to Make a Grapevine Wreath



Today I had to recover the two, nearly three lines of the clothesline. I didn't know what I was getting into when I coaxed the grapes there by pinning the little tender shoots to the wire with a clothes pin. Stuff that one day seems like a good idea can turn on a person.

Today undoing the mess took a lot of pulling and cutting with both my small trimmer and the longer handled one. Once more I can hang all my sheets, devot, and pillow cases on the lines at one time; they are finally wiped clean of grape and city grime.

After cutting all the leaves off, I pushed all of the longer vines into the swimming pool to soften up a little. Then He Who Must Be Obeyed wound them up like he used to wind up barbed wire. It is 'over the top and to one side and then over the top and to the other side. All ends get tucked in and up and over.' I will show you the process and the finished work.

No comments: