Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Challenges

I suppose one always is faced with challenges in life. We falter if they come in twos and threes. As I worked on my biography project of my Great Aunt Elizabeth day before yesterday, I hit a key and every page became enlarged, center justified, and in some script font. Before I could find out the easy and simply way to undo the unwanted edit, I had it so messed up in the attempt, that I saved it as it was, and walked away from the computer. How is that for dealing with a challenge?

Tomorrow I will attempt to repair the damage, nearly finish the text and start inserting photos. One would think that this would get easier with a new little lap top and a new MS Word '07 Vista. It isn't. However, it is still just as much fun and as interesting as can be. Probably a learning experience as well. Something for old brains to enjoy.

I was surprised by a package from a sister-in-law yesterday. She sent a couple of books that I opened and read of few pages of each immediately. They are so inviting. One is "Pioneer Years in the Black Hills" by Richard B. Hughes. This is a wonderful history by a pioneer newspaper reporter. His diary entries of 1876-1877 are in an Addendum. This book is beautiful, it feels at home in my hands, it is as useful as can be with so much information and best of all it is indexed. I can hardly keep my hands off of it. I am so thankful to get them. The other is "God's Promises for Women" and is just what I need for the faith and hope I wish to keep alive.

No comments: