Friday, February 06, 2009

In Need of Chocolate

I don't get here as often as I would like to. Why? Who knows? My days are so predictably uneventful, but nonetheless comforting in their sameness. I sometimes wonder if everyone has the same morning routine, lunch preparations, and dinner down and out. In between? Work on Aunt Liz's biography, exercising, walking, reading, a bit of television. We gave up digital cable and are back to the basic 28 channels which are all I need; a little news, a little information, a little entertainment. Simple needs for a simple person.

Today we went for groceries. We frequent our Aldi store not far away. To our surprise one of our son's friends is working there and was very enthused over his new job, great salary, great benefits, great groceries. We think the greatest prices.

This is where our Seattle son gets Austrian chocolate. One year we mailed him 50 pounds of it. Doesn't that seem crazy! To tell the truth, I wish I had gotten some today.

No comments: