Saturday, February 27, 2010

Whirling Dervish Again

How could I have gone so long without a word here?   I spend time working on my book project, going to church with the added Lenten studies and services, and hoping I don't throw a clot waiting for the Coumadin. My days and weeks have been ones of dizziness and attempted accomplishment. I pushed for a solution and was answered by a profound quote by my cardiac surgeon, "I have to think." 

We have found the Olympic coverage by NBC better than in past years.  Maybe it is just that we have more time for it at this stage in life.  Two deaths marked its days in Vancouver as well as the medalists.

Most of my time is centered on  research and writing.  It is good to have a cousin who is close in age to me with a good memory, and is a deep mine of information.  Today's phone call from him was a gift.

I find that Eve was not all to blame for the Fall of Mankind.  Adam should have come to her aid and crushed the serpent's head before he became beguiling.  But no, he just stood beside her and let it happen.  And why didn't he tempt Adam instead?  Because Eve mattered more.  I find the whole episode irritating and unjust.

No comments: