Tuesday, June 15, 2004

It Makes My Head Spin

People in my life amaze me so that it does make my head spin; or is it just the middle ear infection that came pounding down on me last Saturday? It was enough to make me thankful for whoever discovered antibiotics, for Minor Medical Centers that stay open on weekends, and for keen young physicians that put in extra hours manning er, womaning the place. They were all there when I needed them and the spinning will probably stop.

Our youngest son, who is now the age I was when he thought I was old beyond belief, called to expound on his latest bizarre experience. He has more than his share and always has had since he and a neighbor kid decided to break the windows out of an old woman's shed kitty-corner behind us. Raising sons, broken windows were in my repitoire, both windows of my own and other people's. I wasn't prepared for the little ant pack of neighbor boys that decided to walk the city storm sewers from Little Papio Creek east of us, up the three or four blocks under Nicholas Street, to stick their muddy little heads out of the run-off intake across the street from our house to yell at the people in the neighborhood.

It appears that last week he went for a late lunch at a Chinese Restaurant and after the shrimp, and during the meat and vegetables, he said he heard a horrible commotion in the kitchen. He said there was only one other table of people eating and he thought he should go see if there might be a fire and perhaps he could be of some help. Upon opening the kitchen door he said there were the cooks, the waitresses, all the help staff and the manager, each of them screaming at one another in Chinese. When one of them grabbed a large chopping knife, eyes bulging, screaming Chinese explitaves at all the rest, he retreated and left without paying. Now how helpful is that?
He calls the place the KAMAKAZI GORMET CHINA BUFFETT.

If it were not for the people in my life and a good book, I don't know what I would think about. Unless it might be whether I should wear sunscreen to ward off the UV from the computer screen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is going sound horriable, but about the chinese restraunt story..well, I can barely believe there were actual asian people working at an asian restraunt..i thought they only employeed underpaid, illegal Mexian workers. Isn't that horriable of me to think. Blame my mother. =) ps. I am going to read your other blogs now..love ashley

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.