Friday, February 03, 2006

A Pain in the Patoot

I have sat in front of this monitor until I am cross-eyed.

Any of you that have written a book or two, know what I mean by it being a painful endeavor. The first one I attempted to write, edit, do the layout, and go through the agonizing Library of Congress Copyrighting ordeal, just about did me in. Actually, I ended up in the hospital for back surgery when I was done with it.

Today reminds me of that.

He Who Must Be Obeyed is proof reading for me; and cracking the whip at every page turn, I might add. He has me on a deadline that I cannot meet; all to save a few hundred dollars. I don't think it is worth it. I still have material to locate, Finnish letters to get translated into English, and more photos to scan, push around in Adobe Elements and then push around into a pleasing page layout. Researching a little corner of the earth and the events of a hundred years ago doesn't exactly drop into a person's lap.

To tell the truth, I am darned sick of the whole business right now.

No comments: