Friday, February 10, 2006

Tomorrow: to the Printer

After three or four very long days, I anticipate a tomorrow of minor correction instead of writing and scanning. Only the deadly proof reading left on the last half of nearly one hundred-fifty pages of family story and old photos.

It is a deadly business, this writing, and I am not likely to take on another project such as this. Don't get me wrong. I like what I am doing, actually I enjoy it. A lot. But the deadlines are as deadly as they were in the real world. Why a deadline? You know we ancients are the world's best coupon clippers! This one is saving me nearly a helf-K. That is enought to deal in deadlines.

Retirement is not the real world. It is that twilight where a person relives the past, even before they were born. I told He Who Must Be Obeyed that it would be more fun to write script for shows like House, Gray's Anatomy, or Judging Amy. Whatever happened to Judging Amy?

There you have it, script writing would be dealing in deadlines. I guess I will enjoy the twilight zone

No comments: