Tuesday, July 11, 2006

A Psalm of Gratitude

1. I sing a song of thanksgiving to the Lord. What have I done to deserve all this abundant goodness?

2. The Lord God created for me a beautiful prairie homeland in which I grew to womanhood. The buttes and pastures delighted my eye. The Meadowlark lifts my heart with the memory of its trill. The smell of summer showers linger in my nostrils forever. I praise the Lord my God for my homeland.

3. The Lord God created for me a majestic land in which to raise my children. The sacred Paha Sapa sheltered us from every storm. The trout streams filled my children with glee. The tender horses in pastures were wonderful to behold. Bluebirds made nests and raised young by my door. Our souls were nurtured and we sang praises to the Lord our God.

4. The Lord God created for me a great city in which to work. Work was plentiful and held rewards unimagineable. The streets were paved for my ease in travel and the Lord brought me safely home each night. For the pleasure of work I shout praises to the Lord.

5. The Lord God created rest and peace for my old age. He fills my life with contentment and joy. He places me in the arms of loving friends and shines his light on me through their eyes. I praise the Lord God for each of them.

6. For a good life with a good husband, I sing and shout praise to the Lord my God. The house of the Lord will be filled with my song and joy forever. Amen.

No comments: