Thursday, July 20, 2006

Recovery Agent

This morning a man with the words "Recovery Agent" on his shirt knocked on our door. He was looking for one of our two new neighbors next door. I sort of wish I hadn't Googled 'recovery agent,' as the hits were not exactly what a middle class, quiet, old neighbor lady expects. Jeepers, even the Interpol was mentioned in one of the links, as well as bounty hunters.

He Who Must Be Obeyed, my own bounty hunter, got $20 in 1955 for a couple of coyote ears. The rest of the coyote rotted in the car trunk, rendering the car useless and had to be gotten rid of. Today's bounty hunters might be after coyotes of a different sort, those who carry other folks in the trunks of their cars. I believe they make more than $20 for a find.

Perhaps this Recovery Agent was after absconded bail bond money. I do love a mystery but prefer them in books and not in the house next door.

No comments: