Thursday, January 20, 2005

Talk Radio

Upon reading newspapers from 'home,' the one thing that always amazes me is just how today's technology equalizes knowledge. The Black Hills Pioneer had an article about Sam Kephart broadcasting the World Talk Radio from Spearfish. He has a Wednesday segment on "Science and Society." Science is as difficult to listen to as it is to read. But good for us, right?

My other talk radio events are not so noteworthy. Art Bell started it for me when I couldn't sleep a few years ago. I think I have lost some hearing in one ear because I plug myself into my night stand radio and fell asleep with all the paranormal blab going on for hours and hours. Now Art Bell has been replaced on weeknights with George Noory. Both are a little spacey.

You know Sturgis, of the Motorcyle Rally; one of my girlfriend's nephews, Jim Thompson has a radio program I sometimes listen to when I get terribly lonesome for home. He gets on a political rant sometimes; and you know those South Dakotans are! Western music, feedstore advertisements, gentle banter with cowboy callers-in. It is very folksy.

No comments: