Thursday, February 17, 2005

Hypertext Linking Does Not Violate Copyright

If you think your life is sailing along just fine and dandy, read a few blogs. It appears that the Tulsa World is getting huffy about blogger BatesLine using links to the newspaper.

Blogs are one way to counter the 'big bad media,' or another voice among thousands and thousands of blogmouths. It is hard to know what is the truth and what is the spin or what is the truth spun. All of it boggles the mind.

Anyway, I am happy to know I can link to hypertext so you, my reader, can plink or clink on these pink links. Just always, always consider the source of anything you read. The Midwest Conservative Journal contains many links to news and blogs.

Here I am on a Google blog. Google donates a lot of money to the party that is not my choice. Will this blog be nudged one way or the other politically? Who knows?

I don't know another web search engine that does the job so well. I used to use Alltheweb, and Dogpile. They are a little different, and I am down the road from my prior research librarianship, haven't done the comparison, and I hate to bail out on Google because of a political difference. Isn't it too bad it even matters. I know, though, everything 'matters.'

Last night I listened to ABCs, Peter Jennings, interview Bill Gates, another of my heroes. Gates has a heart that I don't see in our own Oracle of Omaha, Warren Buffett.

This is certainly off the topic. Maybe I just wanted to see how many hypertext links I could use in one writing.

No comments: