Friday, April 18, 2008

Find Time

As I went through my mother's papers,I found my parents "Small Catechism" 1958 Printing. In my dad's small beautiful handwriting on the front is his name. My mother was the Sunday School Superintendent for a time after I left home and my dad taught a Sunday School class.

Folded inside it was a list written in my mother's handwriting on a sheet of pink stationary. "Find time for these 10 things." The list follows:

Find Time for family, it is the nucleus of our lives.
Find Time for work, it is the back bone of success.
Find time for prayer,it is the source of inner peace and strength.
Find time for laughter, it is a healing balm.
Find time for playing, it is a return to youth.
Find time for helping others, it gives a greater purpose to life.
Find time for love, it is by loving that we are loved.
Find time for thinking, it is a fountain of inspiration.
Find time for dreaming, it is our link with the wonder of the universe.
Find time for planning, it helps us find the time we need for the first nine.

No comments: