Sunday, August 22, 2004

CBS Sunday Morning

CBS Sunday Morning has been my favorite television program for 25 years. This morning as they celebrated that milestone with some past memories; I was once again reminded why I like it so much.

During my high school teaching days, I often taped the John Leonard segment to be used in conjunction with my large group of either television producers or mass communication students. John Leonard is a media critic; a man who knows how to use our language in a rich, memorable way. In this morning's program it was stated that was precicely why they chose him. A man of language and letters.

It was one of those delicious hours in life. My roommate of over 50 years woke me to say he was going to early church and I had the opportunity to watch this example of perfect televion in my cozy warm bed with no distractions.

What do you do with those obtrusive minutes of advertisments? I simply switch over to C-SpanII to see who is on Book TV, my second favorite program.

All of this before real life sets in on a Sunday morning.


No comments: