Saturday, August 21, 2004

Where's George

Small things pleasure me. This morning at a garage sale, I found a ThighMaster for a dollar. Just last night I watched Debra Norville interview Suzanne Summers who talked about her greatest business mistake. It was a device similar to her ThighMaster that she named a ButtMaster. She said people weren't likely to want to walk out of WalMart carrying a box called "ButtMaster."

But that isn't my small pleasure. It was when He Who Must Be Obeyed pulled out a dollar for the ThighMaster, he gave me one that was stamped with that little circular "Follow This Bill www.wheresgeorge.com. I did that and found out that the first time it was entered was here in Omaha in January. I can hardly believe that no one since then has followed it. So my next instructions are to spend it in an interesting place. I like that thought. It might be at another garage sale. They are about as interesting as life gets. Some day I am going to do a study on society in the Midwest using them as my material.

No comments: