Friday, August 06, 2004

Golden Wedding Anniversary

It sounds very strange, very. I frankly don't know what to make of it. It is good, though, in a lot of ways. Strange to think about it, in relation to happening to us.

Fifty years ago tonight, He Who Must Be Obeyed, took the girlfriend before me, out... to tell her he was getting married, he said. To tell the truth that has annoyed me for as many years. I had gone home to my little home town. My last night unmarried and I sure didn't have any thoughts of going out with any of my old cowboy boyfriends.

At 20, he was too young to get married in South Dakota. His dad had to sign a paper at the Lawrence County Couthouse for us to get a license. I felt a little one-up being an old and legal 19. Actually, it shouldn't have lasted according to the statistics today. I hardly knew him and met his family that day at the courthouse. It was so weird. But I was crazy about him. Really crazy in love. It was a nice feeling. It is good to think about it. It is nice to still feel that way.

No comments: