Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Blogs of Consequence, Where Did They Go?

A few days ago I changed some settings on my computer and fouled up all kinds of places. One was the appearance of this template. I fearlessly went into the templates and reinstalled the one I use called Snapshot.

Doing so, I lost my Blogs of Consequence. I haven't put one up for so long, I am not certain I recall how to do it. I have read the Salty Vicar so long I feel like I know him. I found the Wichita Eagle blog this morning and will add it to the side-bar as well.

Prof. John Maeda of MIT Media Lab's blog, Simplicity, is a wonderful read, if you can read it. It makes me stretch, a lot. He says he will terminate when he gets to the sixteenth law of simplicity. He is on the tenth. I hope it gets him a long time to get any farther. I don't want him to stop before I can figure out what he is writing about.

I can't bear the thought of losing the South Dakota Magazine blog. I am never going to try to improve anything again, ever. In it is an article on Pa Ingalls Farm in De Smet. I know a Pa Ingalls who is a descendent to Laura and will be going to his grandson's 1870's theme wedding in Wyoming in a couple of weeks. Going in Victorian attire would be fun, hot, but fun.

No comments: