Sunday, April 23, 2006

Intricate Lace

There is more to life than "Book TV" on CSPAN II. It is, however, a nice distraction from the news, while being news of a sort. Old news though is sometimes like yesterday's newspapers. Early Saturday morning a former governor of Oklahoma, Frank Keating, was reading his book, "Theodore" (Roosevelt) to a group of children in Politics and Prose Bookstore in Washington D.C. I was captivated. I had an interesting conversation last night about that book store with a good friend. Her brother took an active part in the book review group that met there. There it is again; life looping around, weaving an intricate lace through experiences.

I see that Megatrends 2010 is going to be discussed this morning. I am probably wrong about yesterday's newspapers.

He Who Must Be Obeyed is dropping in for a vist on his way to the Black Hills. He reminds me of "The Accidental Tourist." He is something of an accidental visitor, perhaps. Unfortunately, I am no leading lady...or does it just seem that way? That leading lady went on to be president. I am not all that confident about the facts in Wikipedia, if she does have an IQ of 140 she has nothing over on HWMBO.

No comments: