Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Savages

My own history/geography books in school had references to the SAVAGES. They scared the bejeebers out of me and I hoped I would never meet one. Like Pogo says, "We have met the enemy and he is us." Now I meet them every day and they are indeed us.

He Who Must Be Obeyed was home Sunday in time for lunch. Monday he packed again and was gone this morning early. I am certain that I am experiencing a prodigious amount of neurosis. I had one whopping headache the whole while he was home. How crazy is that, anyway? Maybe I got a little too comfortable being in charge. I think I have some control issues. I am not a headachy person. While talking to him on the phone, he mentioned that perhaps he gives me a headache. I told him we better hang up before I gave him one.

Where did he go? To the Black Hills to make life easier for our daughter; he bought her a dishwasher and will do her bidding. "Bless his heart. He is a good soul," my friend says. He is that.

No comments: