Wednesday, April 05, 2006

It's the Ladder Thing Again

He Who Must Be Obeyed is working on the pool. A few minutes ago the ladder slipped on the deep end and a bucket of wet cement, the ladder and you know who all landed on the bottom. That is nine and a half foot in the deepest spot. When I got out the door and looked over the edge of the precipice there he was akimbo on the bottom surrounded by spilled cement, the ladder, and himself a bit dazed.

No complaining, no comments, just dogged determination to finish the bottom of the pool before we get the tornado tomorrow morning. Omaha is an exciting place weather-wise in the spring.

I am mowing with my little reel push-mower. Not all at once of course, just a few rounds at a time and time to breathe in between. If I can get ahead of the grass and stay that way, I might be able to do this again. I love my quiet little old fashioned mower. A prerequisite is a clean lawn, every little twig gets caught in the spinning blades and stops me in my tracks. Bending to pick up things and pushing this great invention back and forth takes me back to my teen years in the early 50's when I mowed my parents yard in Buffalo, SD.

No comments: