Sunday, December 18, 2005

Ice Lanterns

One week and Christmas will be only a sparkling memory.  The days leading up to it are slip sliding away.  Advent has always been my favorite observance of the church year; this year that slipped out of my grasp.  Unfortunately for me as some times it takes me four weeks to get my mind around the fact that it isn’t all about bumping into strangers in malls or standing in line to buy a fruitcake.

The music of the season has only been on the sound system for me.  Oh, I have heard the special music at church and we sing caroling hymns through out these weeks.  Thank goodness for a church service.

I love winter in the Midwest.  I am trying to make ice lanterns tonight.  If it works I will show you.  It is ice covered candles. No, it is ice covering a candle.

No comments: