Monday, December 19, 2005

On a Bus Bench


As I was going to a store too close to noon and the traffic was backed up behind each light a half a block or more, there it was on a bus bench beside me: Every Choice You Make Shapes Who You Are. Well, isn't that just the plain truth of it all.

I had chosen not to go out until I had answered a handful of Christmas Cards that arrived in the mail last Saturday. If I had hit the streets sooner, I wouldn't have gotten to sit in traffic, thereby seeing the bus bench advice. It is a nice little maxim.

We hear it on televison more often than before, "Conventional Wisdom." One of the last Bible studies our dear, sweet pastor gone now, took us throug was the Wisdom of the Bible. We started out with sayings of conventional wisdom. It is the unexpected, unconventional wisdom that takes our breath away every time.

Every Choice You Make Shapes Who You Are. Think about that when you go to bed with a handful of butterscotch drops!

I am practing making Finnish Ice Lanterns and got my first one upside down. I will try again and hopefully be able to show it to you as well.

No comments: