Monday, December 12, 2005

Skrik, Munch's Birthday

The Scream (Skrik, 1893) is a seminal expressionist painting by Norwegian artist Edvard Munch. ...it is said by some to symbolize modern man taken by an attack of existential angst." From GuruNet. If you don't have it you should, GuruNet, that is.

My friends, K.,J., and I saw one of the copies in the National Gallery in Oslo. The most famous was formerly in the Munch Museum, Oslo, Norway. The original is currently missing from the Munch Museum, having been stolen by art theives in August 2004. (GuruNet, again.)

I have goofed up some setting again and can't seem to add pictures. Drat.

I suppose the Scream is surely painted out of existential angst. Is this why we can relate to Charlie Brown? It seems a little odd that it surfaces from cyberspace today on my computer. Thanks GuruNet.

No comments: