Monday, April 25, 2005

USDA Personal Food Pyramid

After watching the USDA change the food pyramid so many times in the past, I wasn't particularly excited about this new guideline. I simply assumed it was a little like obesity is killing us off in great numbers and now last week we are told that they were wrong; and how eggs will do you in and then maybe they won't.

This morning I finally knocked on the door of the pyramid folks and was in for a nice surprise. Actually this thing is interesting, to the point, and gives you your general guide based on age, gender and activity. There is a printable version of that and also a daily food and activity chart. I liked everything except the fact that my list is based on 1,600 calories and two cups of that, vegetables. http://www.mypyramid.gov/ Try it you might like it. Three glasses of milk, how good can it get?

That wonderful Austrian chocolate from Aldi's is not on the list.

No comments: