Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Voices from the Heartland

Cordelia, who commented on my cold coffee, has a few links under what she calls "Voices From the Heartland." That is enticing for this displaced person from the short grass prairie. I found another high plains web site a few years ago. I was first enticed to the URL by the aurora borealis he photographed. If you are longing to look at some wonderful prairie flowers or pintail grouse photography, "Prairie Journal: Where the Prairie Comes Alive" is the place for you.

Sadly, on one blog search I found only 22 South Dakota bloggers. Wyoming, only nine, North Dakota, 19. Do you suppose those folks are so busy living life they don't have the time, nor inclination, to write about it. I wish my immigrant grandparents had blogged, or someone would have had the sense to save all of their letters. I know they wrote letters. When one arrived at our house we would circle up with relatives and someone would read them aloud. My mother was always the reader as she had a good strong voice.

I will always seek more voices from the heartland. Thank you Cordelia.

No comments: